Skip to content
5G Network and 5G Technology in INDIA
Ericsson demonstrates end-to-end 5G Technology In INDIA, as sector seeks network roll out by 2020.
- The demonstration using Ericsson’s 5 G test bed and 5 G New Radio delivered a throughput of 5.7 G.b.p.s and ultra-low latency of 3 millisecond.
- The demonstration featured 5 G use cases and live demonstration of essential technologies on the road to 5 G like Gigabit L.T.E (1 G.B.P.S download speeds) with License Assisted Access (L.A.A) technology
- 5 G will bring new level of performance and characteristics to the telecom networks, enabling new services and creating new ecosystems.
- New revenue streams will open for operators.
- 5 G has the potential to enable 43 per cent incremental revenue opportunity for the Indian operators by 2026.
- The largest 5 G opportunity will be seen in sectors like manufacturing, energy and utilities followed by public safety and health sectors. This will be over and above the revenue generated from traditional services which is expected to grow up to Rs 4,091.22 Crore by 2026.
- Agriculture will open-up revenue opportunities up to Rs 2,597.60 Crore for telecom operators, According to Ericsson,
- The retail sector in India will offer potential 5 G – enabled revenue of up to Rs 7,468.10 Crore by 2026.
- 5 G technology will enable a Rs 177286.20 Crore revenue potential for the Indian telecom operators by 2026.